Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lessa & Christian's wedding

On Saturday I had the pleasure of helping out my new friend, the incredibly talented Tracy Kumono by shooting with her at Lessa & Christian's wedding. These two are some of the most friendly and genuinely sweet people I've ever met! From the moment we met I felt like we'd been friends for ages and they were so great at having their photos taken as well.

I started the day by getting some guy time and shooting Christian and his groomsmen.


lessachris3

Lessa and Christian had some of the cutest flower girls I've ever seen... here they are at the start of the ceremony.

lessachris11

Lessa and her father are obviously very close and their love for each other was so clear throughout the day. They shared some wonderful father daughter moments at the back of the church just before walking down the aisle.

lessachris7

The church was gorgeous and the ceremony was so heartfelt and touching. Just beautiful!

lessachris10

After the ceremony we headed out for more portraits! I love it when there's lots of time for the fun shots. They guys had a lot of laughs but I managed to get them to give me a straight face for a few minutes.

lessachris4


And of course a few of my favorite couples shots! We had so much fun getting all of these.

lessachris5

lessachris19

lessachris9

I love it when a bride shows off some of her personality on her wedding day... and nothing says personality like a pair of lavender converse. Fabulous choice of footwear!

lessachris13

A couple of detail shots... all of the flowers were absolutely gorgeous!

lessachris8

lessachris15

Lessa and Christian had a wonderful reception full of all of the traditional events... first dance,

lessachris12

heartfelt toasts,

lessachris2

and of course the father daughter dance.

lessachris16

A great time was had by all... young,


lessachris1

lessachris6

and young at heart :)

lessachris17

lessachris18

Congratulations on a beautiful wedding and wishing you years of happiness. Thanks to Tracy for inviting me to be a part of this wonderful event!

4 comments:

Nat said...

I love her shoes!!! Great job at capturing all their emotions!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

love that ring shot and the red door!

tracy said...

Thanks for all of your hard work Katy, you did a great job. I love that you were able to capture so many special moments! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy, Lessa's dad here. Great work. Between you and Tracy, we're gonna have a bunch of wonderful pictures to remember Lessa's and Christian's wedding day. Thank you for your hard work. Can't wait to see the rest!